Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alas poor November, I hardly knew ye!

Lots of stuff to share this week. I'll let the photos do most of the talking.

My buddy, Scott, from Orange County CA came for a visit this week. He and I went hiking and did a couple of DJ jobs together. He rode all that way on a Honda 250- that's a small engine for such a large desert crossing! Shaw got to go for a ride around the neighborhood and he was pretty jazzed about that. Scott even let him handle the throttle.
The dollhouse (see previous posts about that for an explanation) was displayed by Lesa in a cultural arts celebration and here are a couple of photos of the festivities. Here's Lesa illuminating some of the cool stuff in there to a Stake leader in attendance.A view from the back with all of the miniaturized furnishings and knick-knacks from Gramma Margaret.
Another interested attendee.
I helped Shaw make a new flagpole for the Cub Scout Pack that is much nicer than a piece of conduit with a flag screwed on and a #10 can filled with concrete. It has a really nice and stable but lightweight stand and a nice wooden pole that is stained and varnished. He's describing the features to Brother Corrington. In my opinion, one of the coolest features is the vines that Lesa painted going up the side of the house that you can see in this shot. I'll get a closer view a bit later. We still have some "icing on the cake" detail work that we want to do and we'll post pictures again later. Just click on the photo for a larger view.
We have been driving to the Stake Center construction site after church each week to view progress and Shaw leaned over in church this week and said that since the Stake Center was done, perhaps we could drive to the Gilbert Temple construction site each week. It's about 25 minute drive and I suggested we go once a month instead. They just broke ground last week but the contractor already has it mostly graded and it's well underway. Scott took this picture of Shaw and I arriving at the site. Lesa was in a meeting and couldn't come this time.
I'll try to remember this spot and get a monthly shot of Shaw growing up with the progress of the temple at his back.
Shaw is getting to be a pretty good photographer. Here's me and my friend Scott at the temple site.
It's a substantial piece of property and I'm anxious to see it starting to take shape. The construction fence had blown down in the wind so we could see things better.
I had some DJ adventures this month too and photos of all that can be seen over on the other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment