Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's like Rai ay ayn... on your wedding day...

I had to attend a wedding rehearsal at the Tempe Center for the Performing arts on Friday and Lesa was still at work so Shaw got to come along. I didn't actually have to attend and normally, I don't, but I loved this couple and it was close by and I was available to attend. The bride intended to have her wedding on the patio there but the plan b, in the event of rain, was to have the ceremony in the art gallery instead with cocktails in the lobby and dinner and dancing in one of the theaters. It ultimately rained pretty good and the art gallery was quite charming.

It's hard for you to detect in this photo but this is one of those horizon infinity reflecting pools surrounding the theater so it appears to just continue on down to the lake which is actually about 30 feet lower than where Shaw is standing and there is a bike/pedestrian path running along there. Every once in awhile you'll see a head bobbing up and down along there.
In this photo he's hatched a plan.
The best plans require rolling up ones sleeves.
I mean, seriously, roll up your sleeves, strap on your boots, gird up your loins kinda stuff...
Now... where was that penny?
Ahhhh... there it is, Success! I apologize on behalf of the universe for the wish that belonged to that penny. I can assure you that Shaw did toss it back in a bit further out with another wish attached. I'm not sure how much of a wish you can get these days for a penny anyways with inflation and everything. I think they are about $1.75 now.
After we were done there, Shaw and I headed over to Tempe Marketplace and Shaw sent a text to his mom to join us for some dinner. She obliged even though she and I aren't a big fan of the pizza joint there. Cheeburger Cheeburger used to serve up some great burgers- they are closed, Maria Maria which is the Carlos Santana signature restaurant used to serve up some pretty good Mexican food- closed. I think there may be some bad juju in the double name thing... We tried Lucilles (it's blues legend B.B. King's signature restaurant- I hope the double Bs aren't a bad omen) at Christmastime and thought it was pretty good- Cajun Barbecue.

But Alas! Shaw's mind was set on pizza. The thing about pizza is that even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment