Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getting closer!

Paid another visit to the Gilbert Temple site today after church meetings.  As we were nearing the site and the construction cranes and the steeple came in to view from a distance, I almost thought I saw the traditional Angel Moroni statue already placed on the top. I'm glad I was mistaken.  That last bit already has the granite attached- probably before it was hoisted up there- and the granite on the rest of the steeple will be installed shortly I'm sure.
                   
There is a missionary couple assigned to the site with a quasi visitor center and a viewing deck but they are there only on 2nd and 4th Sundays for a couple of hours in addition to a regular weekday schedule.  I spoke to Elder Miller and he said that the statue will be placed some time in March.  We are not in the Gilbert Temple district and I doubt that the date will be announced publicly in any case but I'd sure like to be there on the day they place it.  He also said that the granite would have been further along by now.  I'll have to visit again during visiting hours and get an update. 

No comments:

Post a Comment