Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best pizza in town

There's a saying about pizza that even when it's not that good, it's still pretty good... I was attending an industry mixer recently and I chatted with the head chef of the largest catering company in this city. His company does high-end events that feed several thousand and they do it well. He recommended a pizza place that is off the beaten path- it's in an commercial/industrial area in Tempe. It's called Spinatos. We tried it out a few days later. It WAS very, very good pizza.

This is Lesa and Shaw having a spirited intellectual discussion about the merits of good pizza sauce and how sourdough can become bitter when over cooked. We ordered a large pizza and on one half, we had what the waiter recommended- artichoke hearts, Canadian ham and onions. On the other half, I chose meatballs and Italian sausage. I don't think any of us were particularly starved but even when we are, I can't remember when we ever finished a pizza without taking a few slices home in a box. We devoured the whole pizza rather quickly, Lesa and I shared a brownie with a scoop of vanilla gelato and Shaw had an order of 4 hot garlic bread sticks for desert because he's like that...


Heading out the door- Lesa shouting her compliments to the staff. Contact me for details if you ever want to have a great pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment